Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste Curbside Collection Information
- Yard waste is collected once weekly on Wednesdays.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches, and small logs.
- Yard waste cannot be included with your regular household trash. Yard waste is not allowed in Maryland landfills.
Preparing Yard Waste for Collection
- Place items for collection at the curb prior to 7 a.m. on Wednesday, the yard waste collection day, but not prior to 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Yard waste may be put out in any of the following ways:
- Loose within a container weighing no more than 50 lbs.
- Bagged in PAPER bags (Large yard waste paper bags are available from BJ's, Giant, Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway, Target, Walmart, and other local stores. Plastic bags may not be used for yard waste.)
- Branches up to 4 inches in diameter and 4 feet long may be tied in bundles; bundles must weigh no more than 50 lbs. each
- Larger logs (up to 24 inches in diameter) should be cut in smaller lengths (18 to 24 inches) and placed at the curb. Maximum weight per log is 50 lbs.
- Grass clippings
- Small limbs/branches
- Logs (maximum 24” diameter) cut into lengths no longer than 18” to 24”.
- Christmas trees (January only). Trees must be placed at the curb and be free of decorations and lights.
- Landscape timbers