Bowie Gym Open for Limited Activities - Updated Information (1/4/21)
Hours of Operation
The City of Bowie Gymnasium is open for non-contact activities Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (9 a.m. - 10 a.m. is reserved for walkers only)
Currently Basketball is not permitted
Basketball is considered a high contact/high risk sport. Per COVID restrictions imposed by Prince George's County, sports that are characterized as high risk are prohibited.
Who Can Use the Gym?
- The Gym is open to members who may bring up to two non-member guests.
- Memberships are available only to residents within the corporate city limits.
- If you are a resident and would like apply for membership or renew your membership, please call 301-809-2388 to make an appointment.
Limited Court Rentals
Court space is available to rent for non-contact activities only.
All County, State and Federal COVID guidance must be followed at all times. For details contact Duncan Churches (301-809-2384 or email). All rental times must coincide with times of available sessions.
Other Rules in Place
- All members must show their membership cards when entering.
- Signed COVID-19 waivers must be completed by everyone entering the facility. This includes both guests and members.
- Parents/legal guardians must sign for individuals under the age of 18.
- Youth members must always be under adult supervision with no more than four youth per supervising adult.
- Only members with valid membership cards can be on the playing surfaces.
- Parents/adults without memberships must remain in the spectator areas.
- All social distancing guidelines will be enforced. Everyone must remain 6 feet apart.
- Everyone entering the facility is required to wear a mask at all times and in all areas such as restrooms, hallways, lobby, and spectator areas and the playing surfaces of the court.
About the Facility
The City of Bowie Municipal Gymnasium is located on Northview Drive, next to the Bowie Senior Center. This 27,000-square foot facility has two full-sized basketball courts (one 84-feet x 50-feet and the other 90-feet x 50-feet) overlaid with two intermediate basketball courts (74-feet by 42-feet). It is also overlaid to accommodate four volleyball courts (30-feet by 60-feet), which can also be used for young basketball players.
The gym can be partitioned into quarters with ceiling to floor curtains to allow for several activities at the same time. The facility also includes two team rooms that can be divided into four smaller rooms, a sitting and concession area, and office and storage rooms. No fitness equipment is provided at this facility.
For walkers: 11 times around the perimeter of the Gym equals one mile.