Sears Parcel Redevelopment
The Sears store at Bowie Town Center has closed. The City will hold a Stakeholders Meeting on Wednesday, January 23rd at 7 p.m. to discuss mixed use redevelopment of the site. The meeting takes place at City Hall. Info: 301-809-3047. Read on...
Join the Planning Department to update the City's 2002 Trails Master Plan. We want your ideas, and suggestions for the future of our trails network. Come to the workshop to help us identify issues and concerns about bicycling and walking in Bowie.
BOWIE TOWN CENTER SEARS PARCEL MIXED-USE REDEVELOPMENT
- A mixed-use redevelopment of the Sears parcel in the Bowie Town Center is proposed.
- Proposal: Seritage SRC Finance, LLC, the current owner of the Sears parcel at Bowie Town Center, has proposed redeveloping their parcel with mixed-use development
- Location: South side of MD 197 and north/west sides of Evergreen Parkway
- Acreage/Zoning: 10.8 acres/M-A-C (Major Activity Center)
- Current Proposal Description: A mixed-use project including multi-family residential, a small amount of street level retail square footage, a small office building and possibly a small hotel.
While no plans are currently available to illustrate the redevelopment, amendments to the Bowie Town Center Basic Plan, Comprehensive Design Plan and Specific Design Plan will be required; details will become more clear when those plans are filed.
(1) Amendment to approved Basic Plan; (2) Revision to approved Comprehensive Design Plan; (3) Preliminary Plan of subdivision; (4) Revision to approved Specific Design Plan
Most Recent Approval
Revision to Specific Design Plan #SDP-9711-16 for BJ’s Restaurant/Brewhouse
April 3, 2017 - The City Council voted to recommend APPROVAL of #SDP-9711-16 for BJ’s Restaurant/Brewhouse proposed in the Bowie Town Center with six conditions.
November, 1999 - The City Council approved a Departure from Design Standards (#BD-4-99) for the use of universal-sized parking spaces (9 ft. by 18 ft.) and a lower parking ratio for the entire retail core area.
December, 1999 – County Planning Board Approval of a revision to the Town Center Comprehensive Design Plan (CDP) and a SDP for the main retail core area on Parcel 9 (the original retail core area developed by the Simon Property Group).