Sears Parcel Redevelopment
BOWIE TOWN CENTER SEARS PARCEL MIXED-USE REDEVELOPMENT
- A mixed-use redevelopment of the Sears parcel in the Bowie Town Center is proposed.
- Proposal: Seritage SRC Finance, LLC, the current owner of the Sears parcel at Bowie Town Center, has proposed redeveloping their parcel with mixed-use development
- Location: South side of MD 197 and north/west sides of Evergreen Parkway
- Acreage/Zoning: 10.8 acres/M-A-C (Major Activity Center)
- Current Proposal Description: A mixed-use project including multi-family residential, a small amount of street level retail square footage, a small office building and possibly a small hotel.
While no plans are currently available to illustrate the redevelopment, amendments to the following will be required;
(1) Amendment to approved Basic Plan;
(2) Revision to approved Comprehensive Design Plan;
(3) Preliminary Plan of subdivision;
(4) Revision to approved Specific Design Plan
Details will become more clear when these plans are filed.
As part of the City's Development Review Process, developers are asked to participate in a Stakeholders Meeting to gain early community input on their project.
The Stakeholders Meeting took place at City Hall on January 23, 2019.
View meeting video
Most Recent Approval
Revision to Specific Design Plan #SDP-9711-16 for BJ’s Restaurant/Brewhouse
April 3, 2017 - The City Council voted to recommend APPROVAL of #SDP-9711-16 for BJ’s Restaurant/Brewhouse proposed in the Bowie Town Center with six conditions.
November, 1999 - The City Council approved a Departure from Design Standards (#BD-4-99) for the use of universal-sized parking spaces (9 ft. by 18 ft.) and a lower parking ratio for the entire retail core area.
December, 1999 – County Planning Board Approval of a revision to the Town Center Comprehensive Design Plan (CDP) and a SDP for the main retail core area on Parcel 9 (the original retail core area developed by the Simon Property Group).
Current Proposal Documents
- Stakeholders Meeting Letter, January 9, 2019
- Video of the Stakeholders Meeting, January 23, 2019
- Stakeholders Memo to Council, January 24, 2019
- Big Box Reuse Report January 2019