Mill Branch Crossing
The Bowie Race Track Task Force wants to know what kinds of recreational amenities the public would like see at the race track property after it is transferred to the City. Read on...
A mixed use development, including commercial and residential land uses, is proposed.
Proposal: Detailed Site Plan containing 408 multi-family apartment units and 190 townhouse dwelling units and a Departure from Section 27-558(a) of the Prince George’s County Zoning Ordinance to reduce the dimensions of 447 standard-sized perpendicular (non-parallel)/non-handicap parking spaces from 9.5 ft. by 19.0 ft. to 9.0 ft. by 18.0 ft.
Location: Northeast quadrant of US 301 and Mill Branch Road
Acreage/Zoning: 64 acres/Zoned C-S-C (Commercial Shopping Center)
(1) Zoning Text Amendment for residential use (completed 2019)
(2) Preliminary Plan of subdivision (completed 2021)
(3) Detailed Site Plan (currently under review)
Most Recent Approval
April 8, 2021 - The Prince George's County Planning Board approved Preliminary Plan #4-19050, with conditions.
January 4, 2021 - City Council conducted a hearing and failed to pass a motion related to Preliminary Plan #4-19050.
Items Related to Current Proposal (starting with the most recent)
- Excerpts from the Detailed Site Plan (these are 40"x28" pages)
- Recording of the February 2, 2022, virtual stakeholders meeting (link to YouTube)0
- Notice of Public Hearings and Stakeholders Meeting (January 7, 2022)
- Planning Board Resolution # 4-19050 (April 11, 2021)
- City Position Letter to MNCPPC (February 4, 2021)
- Council Meeting Minutes (January 4, 2021)
- Staff Report to Council (December 31, 2020)
- Proposed Land Use: Mixed commercial. Site development proposed in two (2) phases. Phase I will include: 91,000 square feet of office; 405,000 square feet of retail; and a 150-room hotel. Phase II includes 181,500 square feet of retail use.
- Project Status: Property rezoned to the C-S-C zone in the SMA. Preliminary Subdivision Plan approved, 2009. Final Subdivision Plan approved, 2017. Zoning Text Amendment to permit residential uses in C-S-C zone approved by County Council, 2019. Preliminary Subdivision Plan for creation of lots for the development of 77,635 sq. ft. of retail space, a 150-room hotel, 193 townhouse units and 347 multifamily units on 70.10 acres approved by County Planning Board, 2021. Detailed Site Plan for 190 townhouse units and 408 multi-family units submitted.
William F. Chesley Real Estate, Inc
Mr. Russell Baker
Gibbs and Haller
Mr. Ed Gibbs
Ms. Kim Morgan