Scheduling Sessions While the Studio Remains Closed to the Public
Scheduling Sessions with Studio Technicians
Some in-person productions are now taking place, but given the on-going pandemic, operations are not yet back to normal..
Our goal is to provide as many opportunities for creating new programming from a variety of producers as we can, given the staff and resources we have.
- Virtual studio sessions are available Monday through Thursday between the hours of 12 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Each session will be 1.5 hours and can begin on the hour or half hour throughout the day as time is available.
- Sessions must be booked at least 48 hours in advance to allow technicians to plan their other work around scheduled sessions.
- Sessions will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- There will be no recurring reserved spots for any producer.
- Each producer will be entitled to book up to four sessions per month. See details on how this works.
- Producers can submit shows they have shot for simple editing, they can record virtually on Skype with one of the technicians, or they can be done in the studio.
- Masks must be worn in the studio, per the Prince George's County Mask Mandate.
- In studio productions are limited to 4 people. If more than one person is on the stage, masks must be worn. If it is a single person on stage, the mask may be removed, while recording (per an exception to the Mask Mandate).
- The mask must be put back on as soon as the recording ends and when in contact with the technician during the shoot.
Rescheduling and Canceling Sessions
We understand that on occasion, you may need to reschedule sessions. We ask that you provide at least 24-hour’s notice when canceling a session. We will try our best to reschedule your session.
However, last minute cancellations (under 24 hour's notice) and no-shows will not be eligible to be rescheduled during that month.
As stated above, after your Skype show has been recorded, you can schedule up to two editing sessions with a technician to complete the show. The Skype show must be completed before beginning another one.
For now, editing of shows produced outside the studio (at home or at another studio) will be limited to simple edits (intros, outros, lower thirds, etc.) that can be completed in one editing session.