Scheduling Sessions While the Studio Remains Closed to the Public
Scheduling Sessions with Studio Technicians
It has been a long time since you were able to work on a production at the City of Bowie Studio. We are just as anxious as you to resume normal operations, but given the state of the pandemic, we don’t expect the studio to reopen to the public in the near future.
So, as we navigate how to operate virtually and with staggered work shifts to maximize social distancing, we are making some adjustments to how scheduling is handled to enable us to make the best use of time and to be fair to everyone.
Our goal is to provide as many opportunities for creating new programming from a variety of producers as we can, given the staff and resources we have.
- Virtual studio sessions are available Monday through Thursday between the hours of 12 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Each session will be 1.5 hours and can begin on the hour or half hour throughout the day as time is available.
- Sessions must be booked at least 48 hours in advance to allow technicians to plan their other work around scheduled sessions.
- Sessions will be scheduled on a first come first served basis.
- There will be no recurring reserved spots for any producer.
- Each producer will be entitled to book up to three sessions per month. They can be either Skype or editing sessions, but you must complete one Skype production before beginning the next one.
Rescheduling and Canceling Sessions
We understand that on occasion, you may need to reschedule sessions. We ask that you provide at least 24-hour’s notice when canceling a session. We will try our best to reschedule your session.
However, last minute cancellations (under 24 hour's notice) and no-shows will not be eligible to be rescheduled during that month.
As stated above, after your Skype show has been recorded, you can schedule up to two editing sessions with a technician to complete the show.
For now, editing of shows produced outside the studio (at home or at another studio) will be limited to simple edits (intros, outros, lower thirds, etc.) that can be completed in one editing session.