Current testing options:
- Request a test kit through the federal government - COVID Home Tests | USPS
- Pick up a test kit at one of the local distribution points at certain libraries and community centers. See this week’s list.
- Through your health insurance company. As of January 15, 2022, private insurance companies are required to cover at-home COVID-19 tests. Insurance companies and health plans are required to cover eight free at-home tests per covered individual per month. Contact your provider for details.
County and State Testing sites (as of 7/20/22)
Testing is free. Sites are walk-in, unless otherwise noted. Sites may be affected by weather-related closures. Hours are subject to change. Be sure to check before you go.
- Bowie Health Center | 14999 Health Center Drive, Suite 103 Bowie MD 20716; Tuesday/Wednesday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- First United Methodist Church of Hyattsville | 6201 Belcrest Rd, Hyattsville; Mon & Thurs from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Sat from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Roseu Medical Center | 7350 Van Dusen Rd, Laurel; Book testing appointments online or call 301-604-8000 | Monday – Friday
- Bunker Hill Fire Station | 3716 Rhode Island Ave, Brentwood; Mon-Fri from 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Temple Hills Community Center | 5300 Temple Hills Road, Temple Hills; Monday – Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- UM Laurel Alternate Care Site (drive-thru) | 7300 Van Dusen Road Laurel, MD
Mon - Sun, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Washington Education Zone (drive-thru) | 6511 Princess Garden Parkway Lanham, MD
Mon - Sun,
- Anne Arundel Medical Center | 2001 Medical Parkway., Annapolis, MD; 7 days a week 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Pharmacies and urgent care facilities are also providing testing.
Visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/symptoms-testing to see what’s offered nearby. The site allows you to filter by drive-through sites, pediatric testing sites, and other criteria.
Please note: At present, the City of Bowie does not have COVID test kits to distribute to the public.