The City of Bowie television studio now offers equipment checkouts to public access producers for shooting their own productions at home or in the field. We have cameras, light stands, a portable greenscreen, and tripods that you can borrow. Details about the equipment can be found in the equipment catalog.
Checkouts can be scheduled Monday through Friday between noon and 6 p.m.
Checkout length: Up to 48 hours (Monday – Thursday) or 72 hours (Fridays)
Producers are responsible for the equipment checked out and must be present at all shoots using the checked out equipment.
Here’s how that process will work:
- Contact one of the studio technicians to schedule a preliminary discussion about your shoot.
- They will help you determine what equipment is needed and will provide instructions and a username and password for the ISAAC reservation system.
- Sign into ISAAC system to complete your equipment reservation, specifying equipment pickup and return date/time.
- The equipment handoff will take place in a small vestibule area near the back of the Kenhill Center and will be contactless.
Still have questions?
- Watch this short video:
Intro to Checking Out Equipment (1:38min)
- Email or call one of the studio technicians listed above.