Teachers, parent groups, and other interested individuals from eligible community schools are invited to apply for grants to help fund projects and programs to enrich learning for Bowie students. Read on...
The City of Bowie Education Committee awards grants that support education for Bowie children.
This year $15,000 is available to be awarded to successful applicants through a competitive selection process. Grants in amounts ranging from $100-$1,000 are awarded to teachers, parent groups, and other interested individuals from eligible community schools who have new and creative ideas for projects and programs that will enrich the students’ learning experiences.
Programs can enhance academic areas or other important life skills, but all programs must be able to be executed virtually due to the pandemic. Please click here to apply for the 2020-2021 Education Grant. The deadline is October 9, 2020. For additional information, please contact Lori Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-832-7451.
2019 -2020 Education Committee Grant Recipients
- Rockledge ES: Opera for Fun Youth Outreach Program
- Holy Trinity Episcopal School: Anansegro of Ghana
- Northview ES: Chromebooks for All
- Samuel Ogle MS: TV Studio Update:
- Bowie HS: Aspiring Percussions 1
- Bowie HS: Aspiring Percussions 2
- Kenilworth ES: Robotics Instruction
- Whitehall ES: Math Mania
- C Elizabeth Rieg ECC: Beautification of C. Elizabeth Rieg
- Yorktown ES: Intro to Coding
- Yorktown ES: Cracking the Code with Ozobots
- Rockledge ES: Mobile STEM Program
- Pointer Ridge ES: Introduction to Shapes
- St. Pius X: ABC's of Honey Bees Pollinator Program
- Pointer Ridge ES: Nurturing Mindfulness in Kindergarten Classrooms
- Whitehall ES: More Instruments in More Hands
- Whitehall ES: Reading and Math Readiness
- Benjamin Tasker MS: Makerspace
- Whitehall ES: Making & Mindful for All
- St. Pius X: Sutori for Departments