The following rates are in effect as of July 1, 2022, for the City of Bowie Water & Sewer System:
- Facility Charge - $30 per quarter
- Usage Charge - $14.53 per 1,000 gallons of water; $5.97 is for water and $8.56 is a sewerage surcharge
- Advance - $50 Applied to your final bill
- Customer Service Charge - $50 Non-refundable
- Bay Restoration Fee - $15 - Per Quarter
- Pipe Renewal/Replacement - $22.75 - Per Quarter
The Bay Restoration Fee is collected by the City of Bowie and sent directly to the State of Maryland.
City of Bowie rates are subject to change by City Council action.
The City bills for water and sewerage service every three months. Your first bill may not cover an entire three month period. In this case, the minimum charge will be prorated at thirty-three cents per day, times the number of days between your settlement date and your regular billing date.
For more information, please contact the Water and Sewerage Billing Section of the City Finance Department at 301-809-3016.
Letter to Water & Sewer customers from City Manager Alfred D. Lott re: rates and billing procedures (FY 23)