- Paying Your Water Bill
- Online Water Bill Payments
Online Water Bill Payments
Attention Residents Affected by the Kenilworth Water Main ProjectIf you live on one of the streets in Kenilworth that is part of the current water main replacement project, please read the following message from the Public Works Department about your water bill. Read on...
Safely pay your water bill by Visa, Discover or Mastercard. Online payments will be credited to your account on the following business day. Business days exclude weekends and City of Bowie holidays.
Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and encryption ensure your connection and information are secure.
Customers have the option of making a one-time online payment or setting up recurring debits from a bank account. You must have your water and sewer account number to make an online payment.
Make a One-time Payment
If you have your customer number you can make an online payment on our system.
Set Up Automatic Payments from Your Bank Account
You may pay your water bill automatically by signing up for direct debit from your bank account. Print and complete the Direct Debit Payment Application. Mail the application and a voided check to the address below:
City of Bowie Finance Department
15901 Fred Robinson Way
Bowie, MD 20716
Direct Debit Payment Agreement
By completing this agreement, you are authorizing the City of Bowie to make your quarterly water/sewer bill payments by transferring funds from your bank account to the City of Bowie.
- Your bill for water/sewer services and fees is your written notification of the transaction. The total amount due printed on the face of the bill shall be transferred from your bank account on the due date indicated on the bill. The message on the bill stub will be notification that automatic bill payment option is in effect. Bills generated before the initiation of the automatic bill payment plan must be paid by cash, check or money order.
- If the scheduled transfer date falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the withdrawal will occur on the next regular business day.
- You may stop future transfers by notifying the City of Bowie in 15 business days before the draft date. You must also notify your financial institution of this action.
- Should your financial institution return a transfer without payment, the City of Bowie has the right to assess a fee equal to the fee charged for returned checks. The participant is then responsible to immediately remit full payment and the unpaid transfer fee with cash or a bank check. If the financial institution fails to honor the transfer request participation in the Bill Payment Plan will be terminated immediately.
- If you have questions, contact the Finance Department at 301-809-3016.
Need Help Identifying Numbers on a Check?