Picnic Reservation Guidelines
Due to Governor Hogan's new mask order (effective July 31, 2020), we can only allow groups of 50 or less to rent the picnic pavilions. All members of your party are required to wear a mask unless they are in the process of consuming food or a beverage.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the City of Bowie is only making picnic reservations for Bowie residents. Please call 301-809-3002 for more information.
Duration of Rental
Picnic reservations are for an entire day (10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.) or for any specific time frame within these hours. Arrival prior to 10 a.m. is permissible, however the City does not guarantee the site will be clean from the prior day's use until 10 a.m.
Access to Site
- The only vehicle permitted at a pavilion site is an approved catering vehicle (limit of one). Catering information must be provided to the City at time of reservation.
- Permit holders are encouraged to bring handcarts to transport items to their picnic site.
- Permit holders should bring a wheelchair or walker for those individuals who may require assistance in getting to the picnic site.
- The permit holder must remain at the site for the duration of the reservation.
Refunds will not be given for inclement weather.
- A Park Ranger will greet the permit holder and confirm that they are at the correct picnic site and verify the departure time.
- The person obtaining the permit must have the permit at the site and present it, along with photo identification, upon request of any City representative.
The Park Ranger will bring the Post-Picnic Checklist to be reviewed and signed. Only the permit holder may sign the checklist. If the picnic ends sooner than anticipated, please contact a Park Ranger at 240-508-3881 to complete the checklist before departure.
- Wedding ceremonies are prohibited at all City of Bowie parks.
- Use of amplified sound is also prohibited.
- Personal vehicles are prohibited from accessing any picnic areas.
with valid reservation permit.