- Our Community
- Recreation & Parks
- Reserving Picnic Facilities
- Reservation Guidelines
Picnic Reservation Guidelines
Duration of Rental
Picnic Reservation Permits are issued from 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., or for any specific time frame within these hours. Arrival prior to 10 a.m. is permissible, however the City does not guarantee the site will be clean from the prior day's use until 10 a.m.
Access to Site
- The only vehicle permitted at a pavilion site is an approved catering vehicle (limit of two). Catering information must be provided to the City at time of reservation.
- Up to two professional catering vehicles are allowed to access the pavilion areas only with valid reservation permit.
- Permit holders are encouraged to bring handcarts to transport items to their picnic site.
- Permit holders should bring a wheelchair or walker for those individuals who may require assistance in getting to the picnic site.
- A Park Ranger will greet the permit holder and confirm that they are at the correct picnic site and verify the departure time.
- The person obtaining the permit must have the hard copy of the permit at the site and present it, along with photo identification, upon request of any City representative. Showing a copy of your permit electronically is also acceptable.
Permit Holder Responsibilities
- The permit holder must remain at the site for the duration of the reservation.
- Ensure direct safety and welfare of their guests during their event.
- Permit holder should closely monitor the weather during their event and have plans in place in the event severe weather threatens the area.
Please note: The site may be inspected by a City official at any time during the reservation to verify compliance with Park Rules & Regulations. Should you need assistance during your event, you can contact the Park Ranger at 240-508-3881.
The Park Ranger will bring the Post-Picnic Checklist to be reviewed and signed. Only the permit holder may sign the checklist. If the picnic ends sooner than anticipated, please contact a Park Ranger at 240-508-3881 to complete the checklist before departure.
- Groups of more than 25 require a picnic permit.
- No balloons, helium tanks or similar devices are prohibited.
- Use of amplified sound is prohibited (portable radios, karaoke machines, any other music producing devices).
- No parking vehicles of any type on park property other than in the parking lot or as allowed by permit.
- Any and all personal vehicles are prohibited from accessing any picnic areas.
- Horseshoes & volleyball must be played in designated areas only and equipment must be provided by the permit holder.
- No private amusement rides (moon-bounce, dunk tank, ponies, etc.)
- The use of portable generators is prohibited.
- The operation of motorized scooters, skateboards, go-carts, mini-bikes, or other motorized recreational equipment is prohibited within all City parks.
- The use of confetti shooters, exploding balloons, fireworks/sparklers, burn out kits or water color changing dyes (used in lakes) are strictly prohibited.
- No hot oil frying allowed including french fries, fish, etc.
- If crabs are prepared and consumed, patron must take trash with them and dispose of at their home. Crab water may NOT be dumped on the ground.