June 1, 2019 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Bowiefest is a long-standing tradition in the City celebrating its 42 year.
Bowiefest, brings the best of Bowie’s civic organizations, entertainers, and businesses together in one place at Allen Pond Park. Around the pond, you can sample food from area vendors including pulled pork, pit beef, corn dogs, cotton candy, funnel cakes, Italian sausage, frozen fruit drinks, and fresh-squeezed lemonade. There will be an arts and crafts area, sponsored by the Soroptimist International - Prince George's & Anne Arundel Counties and a Business Section sponsored by the Greater Bowie Chamber of Commerce. Three stages with entertainment and children’s ride section.
Food & Information Booths
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 12, 2019
Rules and Regulations:
- Vendor Priority is as Bowie Non-Profit Organizations
- Non-Bowie Non-Profit Organizations
- Bowie Commercial Organizations
- Non-Bowie Commercial Organizations
- The City has the right to avoid duplications to ensure variety and vendor success. Vendors cannot make changes in menu items without prior approval from the City. Any request for strolling sales must be approved in advance.
- This application does not guarantee vendor participation. Vendors will be selected following the registration deadline and at that time, notification of acceptance or denial will be sent via mail**.
- Vendors will be granted entry to the Festival area at 8:00 AM and set up must be complete no later than 10:30 AM. All vehicles must be removed from the park pathways no later than 10:30 AM.
- Late arrivals must hand-carry items from the parking lot to their booth space. Please plan to arrive on time.
- Vendors are required to remain on site until 6:00 PM. Those vendors who leave early will not be invited to return.
- No vehicle traffic, other than necessary City, Emergency, and approved East Pavilion Stage entertainer vehicles will be permitted on park pathways from 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Each vendor is required to provide their own tables, chairs, signs, tents, trash cans, and any additional equipment. Vendor space is 10 feet by 12 feet. If your booth will not fit into these dimensions, you must request and pay for additional booth space. Payments are required in full at the time of application.
- Only food vendors may keep one vehicle or trailer at their booth.
- Staking of tents is prohibited. Please provide alternate means of securing your tent such as sand bags or water barrels.
Information Booths: Please note that it is prohibited to walk around the event and hand out information. Information may be distributed from within your allocated booth space only.
A VENDOR MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2019 AT 7:00 PM IN ROOM 243 AT BOWIE CITY HALL 15901 EXCALIBUR RD. VENDOR PACKETS AND PARKING PASSES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED. PLEASE PLAN ON ATTENDING OR SENDING A REPRESENTATIVE.
Download registration form or call 301-262-0920.
Arts & Craft
Download registration form or call 301-464-0610 or 301-928-7763
If you have a band that lives here in Bowie and you would like to perform at Bowiefest Contact Matt Corley, Special Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-809-3078 for more information.