Memorial Day Parade
Memorial Day Parade - Saturday, May 23, 2020
Bowie hosts a parade each year on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend to recognize members of the Armed Services, past and present, and to honor the memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their country.
This popular patriotic event features an entertaining variety of marching bands, performing groups, floats, and local clubs and organizations.
The parade steps off from the Belair Annex on Belair Drive at 11 a.m. and marches down Belair Drive, then turns right on Sussex Lane, and right again onto Stonybrook Drive. The reviewing stand is on Stonybrook Drive in front of Acorn Hill Park. It ends on Sage Lane just after passing the reviewing stand.
There are great viewing locations all along the parade route. Bleachers are available next to the reviewing stand or attendees can stand, sit on the curb, or bring their own seats.
The top units in the parade will be recognized in a short ceremony at Acorn Hill Park following the parade. Judging categories are:
- Most Patriotic Marching Band
- Most Spirited Marching Band
- Best Vehicle
- Best Costume
- Best Non Profit Float
- Best Commercial Float
Other Parade Day Details
- Those watching the parade can park at Bowie Marketplace or on side streets along the parade route.
- Vendors will sell refreshments at Acorn Hill Park.
- The parade is broadcast live on the Bowie government channel (Verizon 10/Comcast 71)
- Dress for the weather. The parade takes place rain or shine.
We hope you can join us in celebrating those who have served their country and have some good old-fashioned fun at this annual community event. For more information, contact the Matthew Corley, Special Events Manager at 301-809-3078 or email@example.com.