A Female Empowerment Group for Teen Girls
- How do you face the pressures on high school girls in today’s world?
- How does your self-image affect your relationships?
- How do you make sense of the mixed messages about being female?
- How do you make important choices and decisions?
- How do you handle harassment and unwelcome touch?
- What is important to you? What are your own values?
Explore the answers to these questions and more in a supportive and empowering environment. Join Girls Count!
Girls Count! is a group for high school girls to connect with each other and discuss the issues facing young girls today. In this group, girls explore and learn how to nurture their true selves. In addition, girls share ideas about everyday issues and about making important choices and decisions. Sessions focus on themes such as self-image, assertiveness, decision-making, peer pressures, and more. This is a fun, interactive, after-school group. Snacks are provided. Fee applicable.
Call or register for an appointment as soon as possible. Spaces will fill up quickly.
For more information, call Bowie Youth & Family Services at the phone number in the Contact Us box on this page.