Pothole Reporting

Potholes are unsightly, they cause a bumpy ride, and the deep ones can do damage to your vehicle.

It's much easier to repair a pothole when it is small and not too deep. Help us to stay on top of the problem by reporting potholes when you encounter them.

City Roads

City of Bowie SealThe City of Bowie Streets Division takes care of potholes on all City owned and maintained streets. This includes most streets in neighborhoods and some thoroughfares including:

  • Northview Drive
  • Evergreen Parkway
  • Mitchellville Road (north of MD 197)

To report a pothole on a City of Bowie street:

Call 301-809-2344 or visit our Online Service Request System and search potholes.

State of Maryland Roads

Maryland State FlagState roads are usually ones identified by a number (i.e - Route 50). The complete list of State roads in Bowie is below. Problems on these roads should be reported to the Maryland State Highway Administration.

To report a pothole on a State road:

  • Call 301-952-0555 or 301-776-7619
  • Complete an online reporting form on the SHA website.
    (Can be used to report any problem on a State road, including litter, traffic signal problems, repairs, etc.)

State roads in Bowie:

  • Route 50 (John Hanson Highway)
  • Route 3/301 (Crain Highway)
  • Route 214 (Central Avenue)
  • Route 197 (Collington Road)
  • Route 450 (Annapolis Road)
  • Route 564 (Lanham Severn Road)
  • Hall Road

Prince George's County Roads

Prince Georges SealThe Prince George's County Department of Public Works & Transportation performs pothole repairs on all County maintained roadways.

To report a pothole on a County maintained road:

Prince George's County Roads in Bowie:

  • Church Road
  • Fletchertown Road
  • Highbridge Road
  • Hillmeade Road
  • Jericho Park Road
  • Mitchellville Road (south of MD 197)
  • Mt. Oak Road (west of Mitchellville Road)
  • Old Chapel Road
  • Race Track Road