FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 28, 2019
Sally Hein, Director
Community Services Department
301-809-3014 or email@example.com
City of Bowie Offers Grants to Support Education in Bowie
The City of Bowie has $15,000 to award this fall for education grants. Grants of up to $1000 each will be awarded to schools, teachers, parent groups or others wishing to enhance educational opportunities for children in Bowie. Grants are awarded through a competitive process for programs at eligible Bowie schools and can be used to help fund a variety of programs such as workshops, hands on learning programs, field trips or to supplement school resources. The application deadline is October 7, 2019.
- Proposals for grant funding should enhance learning experiences in academic areas or other important life skills. Examples of previous grant awards include:
- Projects that provide materials/resources that encourage youth to read and developing reading skills
- Projects that provide resources/materials for students that excite them about math and teach math skills
- Projects that provide materials/resources that explore the world of science
- Projects that are environmentally friendly such as rain barrels, butterfly gardens, and creating green space at the school
- Field trips that include class lessons and plans that follow and are approved by the Prince George’s County Public School System’s guidelines
- Arts projects that offer experiences in visual or performing arts, such as painting classes, drama workshops/clubs/, music/theater performances that are tied to the curriculum or provide arts enrichment.
Proposed programs must take place in, or in conjunction with, an eligible Bowie school. The list of eligible schools can be found at www.cityofbowie.org/edgrants. There is also a link to the grant application at that webpage. For additional information about eligibility or the application or selection process, contact Hein at 301-809-3014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.