Prince George’s County and the City of Bowie are conducting an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice. This process is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and includes a market analysis, community input, and policy analysis to identify barriers and impediments that restrict a person’s housing choice. The study includes topics such as:
- Racial and ethnic segregation, including segregated, concentrated areas of poverty;
- Gentrification and displacement of residents from their communities;
- Access to communities with high quality schools, good jobs, and public transportation;
- Access barriers for people with disabilities;
- Zoning regulations that limit housing types and price points;
- Fair housing enforcement; and
- Particular housing challenges faced by families with children, voucher holders, and persons with disabilities.
Call 301-809-3009 for more information.