Bowie Distributing COVID-19 Home Test Kits at Drive Through Event This Friday & Saturday
Free COVID-19 home test kits will be distributed to those who live within the municipal limits of the City of Bowie on January 28 and January 29, 2022. Distribution will begin at 9 a.m. at the Bowie Senior Center (14900 Health Center Drive). It will continue until all supplies for that day are distributed. Each household is eligible to receive one test box (containing 2 test kits) at this event and proof of residency will be required.
The City has received an initial allocation of 2,000 test kits and will distribute them over the course of two days at the Bowie Senior Center (1,000 each day). This will be strictly a drive through event. Residents should remain in their vehicles and wear masks while interacting with City staff. Visit www.cityofbowie.org/athometests for more information about this event.
Information about how to conduct the test is provided on the test kit box. Instructions can also be found at www.ihealthlabs.com.
Snow is in the forecast for later this week. Any adjustments to the schedule due to weather will be shared in the following manner:
- City website
- Bowie Government TV
- Social media
- Message to Alert Bowie subscribers
Please note: The Senior Center will be closed to the public on Friday and Saturday, but senior transportation to appointments will take place as scheduled.
Other At-Home Test Kit Distribution Options:
M-NCPPC Community Centers - Wednesday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Thursday 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Hillcrest Heights Community Center, 2300 Oxon Run Dr., Temple Hills
- *Cedar Heights Community Center, 1200 Glenn Willow Dr., Capitol Heights
- Langley Park Community Center, 1500 Merrimac Dr., Hyattsville
- Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex, 7007 Bock Rd., Fort Washington
- *Watkins Regional Park, 301 Watkins Park Dr., Upper Marlboro
- Southern Area Aquatics and Recreation Complex, 13601 Missouri Ave., Brandywine
PGCMLS Branch Libraries - Wednesday noon to 3 p.m.; Thursday noon to 3 p.m.
- Laurel Branch Library, 507 7th St., Laurel
- *New Carrollton Branch Library, 7414 Riverdale Rd., New Carrollton
- Oxon Hill Branch Library, 6200 Oxon Hill Rd., Oxon Hill
- *Largo-Kettering Branch Library, 9601 Capital Lane, Largo
- *Spauldings Branch Library, 5811 Old Silver Hill Rd., District Heights
*indicates site is a drive-thru location
Order At-Home Test Kits to Be Mailed to You
The US government will send four at-home test kits to each home. Visit www.covidtests.gov.