- Doing Business
The Bowie Restaurant Reimbursement Grant is Back
The Bowie Restaurant Reimbursement Grant is a grant program to assist small restaurant businesses located in the City of Bowie with establishing and operating outdoor dining.
- One-time reimbursement of up to $2,500.
- The program was funded in the amount of $20,000; $7,500 in funds remain.
- Limited to one award per business entity.
- Eligible grant uses: purchase of tables and chairs solely for use in the outdoor dining operations, and umbrellas, tents, canopies, heaters, and demising or protective barriers for use in an outdoor dining area of the restaurant. Purchases must be made between April 1, 2022 and December 16, 2022. Receipts must be submitted by December 30, 2022.
Criteria for Eligible Businesses
- A physical establishment within the City of Bowie.
- A valid Use and Occupancy Permit for the business.
- Must be a registered business entity in good standing with the State of Maryland.
- Be current on all City of Bowie property taxes.
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements.
- Restaurant business owners who are subject to an Order of Abatement issued by the District Court in connection with the issuance of municipal infractions issued by a City of Bowie or Prince George's County Code Compliance Officer are NOT eligible for a reimbursement grant.
The following entities are NOT eligible:
- Home-based businesses
- Food trucks
- Non-profit organizations
- Banks & financial institutions
- Investment real-estate entities
- Government agencies
Application and Review
- The application period began on May 18, 2022 and applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis. The application period will now close on December 16, 2022 or sooner if all grant funds have been allocated. (This is an extension of the original deadline).
- Applications may be submitted by email or fax (301-809-2315).
- Applications will be reviewed by the City.
- The grant award will be made by a letter agreement with the applicant.
- Awardees will be required to produce receipts and provide an explanation about what item or items each receipt is for.
Contact the Economic Development Office by email at email@example.com for additional information.
Economic Development Office
The City works to retain and grow our existing businesses and to attract new businesses.
The Economic Development Office within the City Manager's Office is the focal point for the City’s efforts. As such it serves as a repository of information on business services and programs available in Prince George’s County and the Washington, D.C. / Baltimore area.
Information and assistance made available to the public includes:
- site selection and development
- new business development
- demographic and economic data
- referral sources for business financial assistance
- business counseling
- government procurement
- business services.
Numerous publications related to businesses are also available.
Click here to see Anirban Basu’s talk to Bowie EDC from April 14, 2021.
COVID-19 Resources for Bowie Businesses
- Bowie COVID-19 Business Recovery Assistance Program - Launched January 2020
- Maryland Business Relief Wizard
Here are the best places to get accurate information about business assistance in response to the COVID-19 pandemic: