September 18, 2021
Old Town Bowie Celebrates Festival
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Enjoy a day of family-friendly fun, festivities, and entertainment stretching from 12th Street and Chestnut Avenue across the bridge to Maple Avenue on 9th Street, and the new 10th Street Playground in Old Bowie. The Old Bowie Celebrates Festival takes place on Saturday, September 18, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m, and is co-sponsored by the City of Bowie and Old Bowie Arts & Heritage.
In addition to over 30 juried craft and art vendors, the festival includes musicians, featured acts, a juried art show, an old fire truck to explore, a train ride on the Heritage Trail, and more. Enjoy music from Fast Eddie & the Slowpokes, Outdabox X’Perience Inspirational Band, Bowie’s own Police Chief John Nesky, Leron Young, and Bagpiper Kevin Watkins. Laugh and be mystified by Greg May’s Mayhem Magical Circus and the Senior Center Magicians. Play marbles with the National Marbles Tournament professionals. Have a hands-on experience with old time music boxes from the Musical Box Society. See Bowie’s history unfold at the Welcome House Museum and the Railroad Museum. Vote for the best art at the art show. Children will have their own area of arts and crafts, historic games, and storytelling. Jim Hossick, the Kidsinger, will entertain the children with a one-hour performance at the new 10th Street Playground.
Free parking available at the MARC parking lot (off Rt. 197) with a free shuttle to and from the festival.
See more about the Festival online at www.oldbowiecelebrates.us and on Facebook at Old Bowie Celebrates Festival. (COVID-19 protocols enforced, if applicable.)
Traffic Changes for Old Bowie Celebrates Festival
- Chestnut Ave. from Bowie Railroad Museum to 12th St.
- 12th St. from Chestnut Ave. to Heritage Trail
- 11th St. from Chestnut Ave. to end of street (by Heritage Trail)
- 10th St. at playground (The circle at the end of 10th St. will be closed)
- 9th St. from Chestnut Ave. to Maple Ave.
- Chapel Ave. from 8th to 9th St.
- Chapel Ave. from 9th St. to Railroad Ave.
- Railroad Ave between Railroad Inn parking lot & Keller’s Antiques
- 7th St. between Maple and Chestnut (toward Maple Ave.)
- 8th St. between Maple and Chestnut (toward Chestnut Ave.)
- Traffic will be rerouted onto Myrtle Ave. to avoid festival areas on 11th & 12th Sts. & Chestnut Ave. (bet. 11th & 12th)
(*) Residents who live on closed streets will have access to/from their homes, as needed.