Isaac “Ike” Trouth and his family have been residents of Bowie, Maryland since May 1999 when the family purchased a home in Devonshire Estates. Isaac became active in the community from the start by being elected to the Homeowners Association Board of Directors.
Isaac has previously served on several local citizens' committees as a volunteer and has been very active in the community. Isaac has served as:
- Vice president, East Hampton Estates Community Association, 2004
- Member, Bowie Community Outreach Committee, 2004
- Board member, East Hampton Estates Community Association, 2000
- Past president, West Hampton Association, 1982
- Trustee and trustee treasurer, Mount Moriah Baptist Church
- Chairman, Mount Moriah Baptist Church Property Committee
- Past board of directors, Prevent Child Abuse of Maryland
Isaac is married to Patricia M. Trouth who is an elementary school teacher. Isaac and Patricia have one son Isaac IV who graduated May 11, 2008 from the University of Baltimore, School of Law and their oldest son Robert was called by the Creator of the Universe to keep his date with destiny in 2004.
In his day job, Isaac is a renal care specialist with a national pharmaceutical firm. Isaac has over 20 years of business and pharmaceutical experience. Isaac is a graduate of Bowie State University and a pioneer of the Bulldog 1001 Club.
“My motto is to be ‘A community councilman’ for all the residents of the City of Bowie and I thank the residents for putting their trust in me with the honor of being the District 4 Councilmember.”
Councilman Trouth was elected to the council in November of 2007 and re-elected in 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.